Watercolour on Arches Rough paper. 140lb 1/2 imperial. I’m informed by the person that took this photo that this is Ullswater in the Lake District. Not being familiar with the area, I’ll go with that. The reference photo came from PaintMyPhoto and the photographer was Sandie Bell. Initial washes were with the hake. A fairly limited palette of Cobalt and Ultramarine blues, yellow ochre, burnt umber, aureolin and DS colours Transparent Red Oxide, Tigers Eye.
Watercolour on Arches NOT paper. 140lb. 1/4 imperial. This started out with a reference photo from PaintMyPhoto and then I improvised. I needed something for a forthcoming exhibition with an autumnal theme. I might do another before deadline on Thursday.
Watercolour on Arches NOT paper. 140lb. 1/4 imperial. I started this at art group yesterday and finished it off today. I masked out the Kingfisher before applying the backwash. A fairly limited palette of Pthalo, Ultramarine, and Cerulean Blues, Cad Red and Yellow, Aureolin, Raw Sienna, Burnt Umber, and some white gouache. Photogragh by Patrick Byrd courtesy of Paint My Photo website.
Watercolour on Arches Rough paper. 140lb. 1/2 imperial. I started this at art group last Thursday and finished it off today. It started out as a session with the hake brush. I changed the sky from the original that I painted to a more subtle version. Thank goodness for magic sponges! Painted mostly with the hake brush. I also used a 1/2″ mop and rigger to finish off. Limited palette of Ultramarine and Cobalt blues, Raw and Burnt Siennas, Alizarin, Aureolin, Burnt Umber.